Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fasting is Hard

Even though I have preached two sermons on the topic, to do it is so hard. I can do a 24 hour fast, but man, I eat everything in site at hour 24:01. I'm thinking that to fast for longer I may have to go into it slow, eat less food, than no food, than eat more food, and than back to normal.

I did it for a 24 hour period and all hell broke loose. I am confident that the enemy has been extra active because I have taken my prayers more seriously. The attacks have come mostly in my mind, stuff that really hurts, or really frightens me. Those attacks are causing me to get more serious about fasting. My plan is to do a 24 hour fast every week. Check with me later and see if I am keeping up with that! The flesh is so strong.

The attacks have also caused me to pray for intentionally. I find myself turning my thought more to prayer rather than just allowing them to be thoughts that go no where.

How is your fasting going?

No comments: