Monday, June 29, 2009

Fear Yahweh and Serve Him, 1 Samuel 12

Who can deliver me from my enemies? Yahweh, the sovereign Lord!

Does anyone or anything love me like Yahweh? NO!

Then why does my heart desire cheap, useless, base, corrupt things as satisfaction? Why do I sit down and waste an hour in front of the TV? I say to relax, to drain off the days rubbish piled up on my shoulders. But, why don't I sit and listen to glorious music that lifts my soul to heaven? Why don't I read a refreshing word from an amazing saint? Why do I engage in frivolous talk with other people, as if talking about the weather and what hollywood icon just died could make any eternal dfference? Why do I not instead speak of Jesus Christ, His pleasure over us, His displeasure over sin, His glorious work in my life and the life of others?

No one can rescue me from my sin saturated soul, like Jesus.

No one can give me peace and rest, like Jesus. No one can raise me above my adversities and heart-breaks, like Jesus.

No comments: