Monday, January 17, 2011

Content OR Zealous?

David Bradley spoke at our morning services yesterday at Crosspoint. He is with the Facilitating Ministry of the Southern Baptist Convention. He ministered to us from Revelation 3 in the letter to the Laodicean Church.

This is the hot or cold and gonna vomit you out of My (God's) mouth passage. Jokingly, he told our congregation that I did not suggest this passage!

God's Word through this brother was convictioning to me. Am I content in my relationship with Jesus, or am a stoking the fires of renewal? To make something hot you must add energy, to make something cold you must extract energy, to make something lukewarm you simply do nothing. WOW!

I want to be hot towards my Lord! I must pour into our relationship just as I do with my wife or kids or friends.

I hope you will be zealous, hot for the Lord, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Francis Chan goes so far as to say that a Lukewarm Christian is an oxymoron. I must say that there is Scripture that would reinforce what he says about that. The sad thing is that most people that call themselves Christian if being honest would categorize themselves as Lukewarm. God help us.